First Day of 2nd Year
Hi hi
Today was my first day of lectures so I thought I would make a quick post on what I've done so far today, the lectures I attended were:
Hamiltonian Dynamical Systems
Numerical Analysis A
Algebra A
Foundations of Quantum Mechanics
I'm not sure which courses I'm going to do yet so I'm not going to post a lot of the mathematics, but the Hamiltonian stuff looks a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Basically it splits particles in to 2 components, P their Position and Q their momentum. It all works of Newton's 2nd law d/dt (mV) = F of which with enough manipulation you can change in to a system of differential equations involving P and Q. Then it also defines the potential V(Q). Or at least something like that, probably made a few mistakes I'll amend later, also I'm going to probably test tomorrow how easy it is to input MathML in to this and I may use a TeX to MML converter to write proper mathematics.
The other courses were very simple and only very introductory covering stuff I already know. The Quantum Mechanics would seem daunting to those mathematicians who really don't know what it's about, but really you don't have to understand any of the words only process the equations which are more simple than Applied.
Today was my first day of lectures so I thought I would make a quick post on what I've done so far today, the lectures I attended were:
Hamiltonian Dynamical Systems
Numerical Analysis A
Algebra A
Foundations of Quantum Mechanics
I'm not sure which courses I'm going to do yet so I'm not going to post a lot of the mathematics, but the Hamiltonian stuff looks a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Basically it splits particles in to 2 components, P their Position and Q their momentum. It all works of Newton's 2nd law d/dt (mV) = F of which with enough manipulation you can change in to a system of differential equations involving P and Q. Then it also defines the potential V(Q). Or at least something like that, probably made a few mistakes I'll amend later, also I'm going to probably test tomorrow how easy it is to input MathML in to this and I may use a TeX to MML converter to write proper mathematics.
The other courses were very simple and only very introductory covering stuff I already know. The Quantum Mechanics would seem daunting to those mathematicians who really don't know what it's about, but really you don't have to understand any of the words only process the equations which are more simple than Applied.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home